Celebrate 4/20 With CBD!April 5, 2021 7:51 pm Categorised in: News And Legislation, Recipes Leave your thoughts
The legend goes – in 1971, some high school kids gathered every day at 4:20 pm to smoke marijuana at a wall near their school. Consequently, people started calling them the Waldos. If it weren’t for these kids, we wouldn’t associate the 20th of April with cannabis. But today, 4/20 is the most important ‘marijuana holiday’. Let’s talk about how to celebrate 4/20 this year!
CBD is part of the cannabis plant and is federally legal, so there’s no reason not to indulge in some CBD on 4/20! Wondering where to start from? Choose Grassroots Harvest and let us be your CBD product guide to celebrate 4/20!
History of 4/20 in the U.S.
The Waldos likely never thought that they would make an impact with their gatherings. In fact, they actually started a revolution, in one way or another. 4/20 has come a long way from 1971 to today, and it’s not called the ‘marijuana holiday’ without reason. Cannabis advocates all around the world gather on this day to enjoy cannabis or simply express opinions regarding its legality. There are thousands of festivals and events internationally that support 4/20 and what it stands for. It’s safe to say that 4/20 is not merely an ordinary day – it’s a global movement at this point. It has been stated that 4/20 is “half celebration and half call to action”.
The ‘Call to Action’
4/20 has significantly impacted the politics and legislation related to marijuana and its legalization. Although cannabis is still not fully legalized for recreational use and remains federally illegal, there are lots of exceptions to this rule, especially regarding medical marijuana use. Another bonus is that today, most of the components inside the cannabis plant are legal for sale & use – and that includes our beloved CBD! More and more research is continuously being done on cannabis, its components, and its effects, which was something that was very limited in the past. The legal status of cannabis is constantly going through changes, and we witness new policies all the time – take, for example, the SAFE Banking Act, the MORE Act, the Texas House Bills 441 & 447, and so on!
So, turns out that the Waldos did start a revolution from their high school wall. Their harmless ‘ritual’ contributed a lot to the future of cannabis and its legalization – and we can’t wait to see some new changes in the future – the best is yet to come!
If you’re planning on celebrating 4/20 this year safely & legally, here are some fantastic CBD products to stock up on (plus, there’s a surprise at the end!)
1. CBD Honey – who doesn’t love honey – especially one enriched with quality CBD and delicious terpenes to make the flavors pop? The best thing about our CBD honey is that it’s so versatile – you can use it as a sweetener for your tea, as an addition to cocktails, in various recipes, or you can eat it straight out of the container (our favorite method).
Check out these 3 CBD Honey Recipes to try this 4/20!
2. CBD and CBG Flower – want to stay in the spirit of 4/20 but do it legally? Try our Moon J pre-roll with 1g of CBD flower and CBD kief – it’s truly exquisite.
Or, if you want to try something new this year, then our CBG Hemp Flower is perfect for you! CBG is what all cannabinoids are converted from, so it’s a bit more potent and just as delicious as the others!
3. CBD Bundles – whether you want to treat yourself or someone close to you this 4/20, our CBD Bundles are a real bang for your buck and are a pretty cute gift idea for a loved one! Shop CBD Bundles here.
4. CBD for Pets – our pets can benefit from CBD just as much as we can! If you want to celebrate 4/20 with your cute furry friend, then surprise them with some CBD Dog Treats (they’re bacon flavored!) or some Pet CBD Oil
5. 4/20 CBD Cocktail
Here’s the surprise! CBD can go perfectly well with alcohol and make some pretty fantastic, unique drinks – perfect for celebrating 4/20. (Recipe adapted from Krystle Smith at Baking Beauty)
- 1-3 pumps of Unicorn Candy CBD Spray
- ½ oz. Jim Beam bourbon whisky
- ½ oz. Blue Curaçao
- Juice from ½ lemon and ½ lime
- 2 ½ oz. plain pineapple juice
- ½ oz. Apple Pucker (optional)
- Fill a tall glass or mason jar with ice.
- Place all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker (or use a jar with a lid if you don’t have a cocktail shaker).
- Pour the mixture into the glass using a strainer.
- Decorate with mint and enjoy!
4/20 is a very meaningful holiday that, apart from being a cause for celebration, helped us come a long way in regards to the legalization of cannabis components. How are you going to celebrate 4/20 this year? Share some of your favorite methods in the comments below!4/20, 420 sale, sale