Kim Kardashian Is Throwing A CBD Baby Shower. Here’s Why You Should, Too (& How To Do It!)May 2, 2019 4:47 pm Categorised in: Holistic Lifestyle
Kim Kardashian West has started many a trend, but this might be the one we can get behind the most-
CBD baby showers.
That’s right, the celeb is throwing a CBD and zen-themed baby shower for the arrival of her fourth child with husband Kanye West, rumored to be expected some time in May- this will be their second child via surrogacy.
But why would KKW want to involve CBD in her baby shower?
It’s not surprising that Kim K uses CBD, with a schedule as packed as hers, the anti-anxiety properties people have come to know and love must come in handy- but it is a bit surprising (and awesome!) to hear her baby shower will be CBD-centered.
“This year, because I am freaking out so much, I just want a zen, like, CBD-themed baby shower,” the star was quoted saying.
And, honestly, it makes a lot of sense if you think about it- the arrival of a new baby, while exciting and joyful, also brings stress. CBD is an all-natural way to reduce the anxiety of such a major adjustment, perfect for the star to celebrate what she’s calling “the calm before the storm.”
As for how she plans on including CBD in the festivities, Kardashian West told E News this:
“I just want massages, I want to do, like, a tea ceremony with crystals, and we’re going to have a drink at this baby shower — we’re not pregnant,” and said they might even include meditation as one of the baby shower activities.
Those are PERFECT ideas for a CBD baby shower!
Unsurprisingly, the ideas KKW threw out for her CBD baby shower were absolutely spot-on. These activities are calming themselves, so they pair perfectly with CBD, and they totally count as pampering at the same time- so you can feel luxurious and peaceful all at once. Who doesn’t want that from their baby shower?
Here’s How We’d Do It:
If we were planning Kim K’s baby shower, or any baby shower that wants to use CBD as part of the festivities, these would be our recommendations on how to incorporate CBD in each event KKW invisions.
CBD Tea Ceremony With Crystals-
We’re huge fans of CBD tea. HUGE. Honestly, we think CBD goes great with caffeinated or decaffeinated tea, as CBD may calm the edge that can come with caffeine. But, for this CBD Tea Ceremony, a decaf tea may be more appropriate.
- Party Tip: ‘Flowering’ or ‘blooming’ tea adds an extra visual treat to any tea party- watch a flower bloom in your cup as you pour in the boiling water!
Once your tea has steeped, add .5ml Grassroots Harvest 500mg CBD oil to each cup of tea (our droppers show ml on the side). If you’re making a pot of tea, rather than individual cups, you can add CBD to cups once they’ve been poured, or you can add .5ml of CBD for each person directly to the pot of tea, once it’s removed from heat.
- CBD Tip: Use CBD honey instead of CBD oil for an extra-sweet dose of dreamy! Our Inspire CBD Honey with White Widow is made using CBD isolate and White Widow terpenes, for the classic White Widow smell & flavor, but without the THC, thanks to CBD isolate. Perfect for a low-key, super chill baby shower.
To make the CBD Tea Ceremony feel more baby shower-appropriate, we recommend guests go around in a circle as they enjoy their CBD tea, and bestow well-wishes on the child to be, or guess weight and length, or gender if they haven’t revealed!
- Party Tip: Include calming crystals as a way of telling who’s turn it is to talk in the circle, lay them out to hold down name cards as purposeful decor, or give them out as gifts to your guests! Some of the best calming crystals are:
- Amethyst (soothes stress & helps you connect with your intuition)
- Angelite (helps you feel connected & comforted)
- Lepidolite (naturally contains lithium, used in some anti-anxiety medications)
- Rose Quartz (healing, calming energy)
This one’s a no-brainer. Get some CBD Lotion, a masseuse (or two!), and take turns with guests getting the most soothing massages ever. Lots of people know about taking CBD under the tongue, but it’s also super effective topically. Feel tension leave your muscles, work out those knots in your back, all with the anti-inflammatory powers of CBD.
- CBD Tip: For a more intense CBD massage, try our Recover CBD Serum- it’s full of good stuff like jojoba oil, rosemary oil, tea tree oil, and more, to help your body feel its best.
We’ve been fans of the CBD cocktail trend for a while! CBD + alcohol is a good combo, in our opinion- as long as you’re not drinking too heavily, CBD may potentially help you maintain the optimal buzz.
Here’s our picks for baby shower CBD cocktails:
Aptly named, this cocktail is cucumber-fresh, and full of CBD.
1 1/2 ounces tequila
1/2 ounce triple sec
2 ounces fresh squeezed lime
1 Tbsp Inspire CBD Honey
2 cucumber slices
Chipotle chile salt (equal parts kosher salt and chipotle chili), for garnish
Mix together tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and CBD honey . Muddle 1 cucumber slice in a shaker. Add tequila mix, shake, strain, and serve over ice. Rim glass with chipotle chile salt and garnish with remaining cucumber slice.
Vinho Verde Punch
This recipe is easy to make all at once, so prep and cleanup are a breeze. This punch’s main ingredient, Vinho Verde, is a type of wine from Portugal who’s name means ‘green wine’, referring to its youthfulness.
4 bottles (750ml each) white Vinho Verde
2 Tbsp Inspire CBD Honey
1 cucumber, peeled & sliced
⅓ cup mint leaves (optional)
Ice cubes, for serving
Peel the oranges, removing all of the white pith. Then, over a bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the sections into the bowl. In a punch bowl, mix the wine and CBD honey. Add orange and cucumber slices, and let sit for 1 hour. Garnish with mint leaves, if desired, and serve over ice.
- Party Tip: Give out CBD gummies as a party favor that everyone will adore. These gummy treats are packed full of CBD, and they’re so delicious, you’ll have a hard time eating just one.
Now you can throw the CBD baby shower of your dreams, just like Kim K!
Have ideas for a CBD baby shower? Drop a comment below, and let us know!