Today, CBD and THC are two of the most popular natural supplements being used by people across the world. Within the country alone, millions of people are turning to these popular cannabinoids to alleviate chronic conditions or to retain a state of overall physical and mental wellness. And a huge benefit of using either of these supplements is the numerous ways of ingestion available. With CBD, you could choose to ingest as edibles, gummies, as oil and so on. There’s one category that’s growing huge right now- CBD infused drinks. But they’re so expensive! Here’s how to make CBD infused drinks at home with products you can use over and over again- same great effect, way cheaper!
Within this article, we are going to be discussing a particular form of ingestion – infusing CBD into beverages. We have curated 3 recipes; one for tea, coffee and hot chocolate. Each recipe is designed to work with what you either have at home or what you can pick up from your nearest supermarket, so they should be easy to make!
Our Austin Chronic Maple Brown Sugar CBD oil is perfect for Fall Weather infused drinks! Find our recipes below:
CBD + Coffee
Millions of Americans today depend on some variant of coffee to simply get out of bed. This recipe manages to mix up the rich cocoa and vibrant essence of peppermint (if you want!), also with the bitter flavor of espresso. Designed to wake up the caffeine lover in you!
- 1 tbsp of unsweetened chocolate
- ½ tbsp of sugar (honey or sweetener)
- Double shot espresso (or your favorite coffee)
- Pepper mint oil or extract
- ½ tbsp of Austin Chronic CBD oil
- ½ cup of nondairy or milk (or creamer)
How to Make:
- Brew your coffee or make your coffee as you would normally.
- In another mug, add your chocolate and sweetener
- Pour in your CBD oil and add a few drops of peppermint oil. Mix these together to create a thin paste
- Pour out the espresso into the mug and stir continuously
- Heat your creamer in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Add your creamer to the mug and blend the ingredients for the perfect CBD + coffee combo!
CBD or Delta-8 THC + Tea
We all know and love tea! This simple to make drink has been exported to virtually every country across the world and can be consumed in a vast variety of ways. Here is our ideal D8 THC tea recipe:
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tea bag
- Honey or sugar (Optional)
- Austin Chronic CBD or any extract
How to Make:
- In a mug, pour in your coconut oil and your D8 THC oil and mix
- Pour in hot water
- Add tea bag and keep mixing for a few minutes.
- Add sugar and honey if you prefer sweetened tea and enjoy!
Delta-8 THC + Hot Cocoa
Our take on this classic beverage could pose an immediate shock to your taste buds but it is absolutely amazing. For our vegan users, you can choose to prepare your cannamilk with coconut milk as well as adding a non-diary alternative to our recipe. Ensure you confirm the presence of dairy within your dark chocolate if you are going vegan.
- 3 cups of milk or a non-dairy alternative
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 squares of 72-85% dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of half and half cream or non-dairy creamer
- Desired amount of Austin Chronic CBD
- Hot water
How to Make:
- Mixing the sugar, salt, cocoa powder in a small bowl, place a saucepan on medium heat and add boiling water and squares from the dark chocolate. Continue to move the squares around till they completely melt into the hot water.
- Put in your dry ingredients: Sea salt, brown sugar, cocoa powder and begin to whisk into the hot water and melted chocolate.
- Whisk in 3 cups of milk or non-dairy alternative along your half and half cream or non-dairy creamer and the CBD or Delta 8
- Increase the heat and stir for a few seconds, making sure it doesn’t boil.
- Remove the mix from heat and pour in the vanilla extract.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
What is a CBD Energy Drink?
This is exactly what you think it is. It is an energy drink that provides your body with an energy jolt whenever you consume it and contains CBD for a unique twist. CBD drinks are a current market favorite so there are variants out there, with each one possessing a unique formula.
But the basic composition of these drinks tends to be the same. They include vitamins and minerals, natural ingredients extracted from hemp and something energizing, like caffeine.
Are there any negative effects?
The great thing about this particular variant of energy drinks is not only the burst of energy you derive after consuming it but the way the energy is distributed throughout your body. Derived from marijuana plant material, these energy drinks allow you live a much more balanced and productive life assisting in concentration, improves alertness and increases your mental performance allowing you to be more efficient in your day-to-day activities.
These drinks provide users with more energy and will help you power through that activity or that day and it is recommended for everyone except for people who are allergic to caffeine.
Finally, when drinking energy drinks (CBD or non-CBD drinks), it is important to combine ingesting these drinks with healthy amount of water.
Can I get high from drinking CBD Energy Drinks?
CBD as a compound is non-toxic and it does not contain THC that is responsible for inducing feelings of highness. This means you cannot get high by drinking CBD energy drinks but you can enjoy the health benefits it naturally provides including its antioxidating benefits.
Our Favorite CBD Energy Recipe: Matcha Mint Iced Tea
We are recommending this macha mint iced tea because macha contains what we term to be a healthy caffeine boost. Usually served warm, our version provides a great twist with the addition of lime juice and mint. You could also add some of our CBD oil for an extra layer of flavoring.
Ingredients: (Makes 3 cups)
- 3 cups of water
- 3 teaspoons of ground matcha powder
- 2-3 cups of crushed ice
- 2 limes, sliced
- handfuls of mint
- Grassroots Harvest CBD Oil (Amount depends on quantity being made and desired doses)((try a flavored CBD oil for an added dose of yum!))
- Honey or cane sugar, (Optional)
- Using an airtight coffee mug or a jar with a really tight lid (or a cocktail shaker), mix and shake the water and macha till it doesn’t contain any clumps.
- Add your ice, a couple of lime squeezes, a couple sprigs of mint, and CBD oil. Keep shaking and add sweeteners if necessary
- Serve and add more slices of mint and lime as needed!
At GrassrootsHarvest, we have a wide array of CBD Oils that you can stock up on to begin your CBD energy drink journey, check out our amazing flavors here and if you are looking to pick up more products, feel free to go through our store here. And to read more about CBD, THC and other amazing benefits they provide, feel free to go through our blog.
We Hope You Make CBD Infused Drinks- And Love Them!
We hope you enjoy these recipes for simple CBD infused drinks you can make yourself! Have another recipe we should try out? Let us know in the comments below!