CBD Cocktails: The 5 Tasty Holiday CBD Infused Drinks You Must TryDecember 12, 2020 9:58 pm Categorised in: Recipes 1 Comment
The holiday season always seems to stress people out. So when you are looking for a great beverage to ease some of the tension that floats around in the air (trust me, that isn’t just sugar and spice), serving up a CBD cocktail can make things a little better. There are various options when it comes to serving a CBD cocktail (or mocktail) – on the rocks, shaken, stirred, or whatever tickles your fancy. The important thing you need to remember when making these beverages is using the best CBD products on the market!
CBD drinks are becoming popular because they are easy to create and can be fun at the same time. You can sip away your concerns and be festive about it.
What Are CBD Drinks?
First and foremost, you must understand that CBD is non-psychoactive. Even though it comes from the hemp plant (yes, that hemp plant) and can be found in abundance next to the THC cannabinoid, it won’t get you high. Even though many cocktails are made with alcohol, it is the alcohol that will make you tipsy – not the CBD.
With that out of the way, we can talk a little more about what a CBD infused drink is. Even though definitive scientific research has not been done to appease the FDA on CBD use medicinally, CBD benefits, including potential ease of discomfort, might be among the number one reasons people take it without the FDA approval.
You can use almost any type of CBD consumption method to create these festive drinks. That is one reason why holiday cocktails can be versatile, and you can slip it in your drink, and everyone is none the wiser. A lot of CBD cocktail drinkers cite less of a hangover with CBD than without it. Keep in mind that it might take a little while for that cocktail (or mocktail) to kick in because going through the digestive system takes longer. Alas, CBD may be praised by consumers for less dehydration and a little more mental clarity after waking the next morning.
CBD Cocktail Counter Cheat Sheet
Are you interested in turning your kitchen into an exclusive holiday CBD cocktail bar? Look no further for your Grassroots Harvest cocktail cheat sheet. (Everyone will think you are a pro!)
CBD “Mocktails” and CBD Cocktails for the Holidays
Let’s look at the great selection of holiday cocktails that are good to drink at any time of the year!
1. Hemp Hot Toddy *Mocktail
- 1 tablespoon of honey (could also use CBD infused honey
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice (sure, store-bought is convenient, but I wonder what it would taste like if you squeezed your own?)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (maybe even some sticks for aesthetic value)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 7 ounces of hot black tea
- 1 lemon wedge (see, if you are going to garnish with it, might as well use the rest to squeeze)
- 4 to 5 drops of your favorite CBD oil (from Grassroots Harvest)
- In a mug, put the honey, lemon juice, and all the spices together.
- Top with the hot tea and stir to ensure the spices dissolve.
- Add your favorite CBD to the top and the lemon wedge for garnish.
2. Mint Julep – CBD-style
- 2.5 oz bourbon
- .5 oz simple syrup
- mint leaves (8 for drink and extra for garnish)
- CBD tincture
- In a chilled julep cup, muddle the 8 mint leaves and simple syrup.
- Add the bourbon and some ice.
- Swizzle the mixture and add more ice on top.
- Garnish with mint leaves
3. CBD Infused Gin & Juice
- .25 cup gin
- .5 cup orange juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- A small amount of sparkling water
- CBD honey or CBD tincture
- In a bowl, pour in all the ingredients and mix well.
- Divide into two large glasses, topping with a dash of sparkling water.
- Add a piece of fruit as the garnishment, like a lemon or grapefruit.
4. Everyone Loves CBD Peppermint Mocha (Yes, we said it!)
- 1.5 cups of dairy – almond milk, coconut milk, cow milk, any kind of milk
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1.25 cups of premade espresso or coffee
- Sweetened CBD oil (like GRH Unicorn Candy CBD oil – great with peppermint and is majestic!)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- .5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- For best results, combine the milk, sugar, and cocoa in a pot on the stove. Bring to a boil. Remain at a boil until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, add in the espresso/coffee and the majestic CBD oil you purchased. Finish with the peppermint extract and vanilla extract and stir.
5. Dirty CBD Martini
No cocktail list is ever complete without a dirty martini – ours is just infused with CBD!
- 2 ounces dry gin
- .5 ounce extra dry vermouth
- .5 ounce green olive cocktail brine
- 1 dash of fresh black pepper
- 4-5 drops CBD
- Add all of the ingredients into a mixing glass full of ice. Stir until it is well-chilled.
- Strain the chilled CBD cocktail into a martini glass
- Garnish with olives and cracked pepper
Drink CBD All Year Long
You don’t have to wait until the holiday season to enjoy one of these CBD cocktails. There’s probably someone celebrating something somewhere, which calls for a good drink. On a serious note, if you are unsure about how to approach the addition of CBD into your life, you should start with your family medical provider to learn more.
Let Grassroots Harvest CBD products make the holiday season a little better!Tags: cbd, cbd guide, cbd recipes